15 Fun Facts About AnimalsTell your friends about these amazing, totally true bits of trivia!
More Fun Facts on the Fact Sphere Instagram
- A scared kangaroo will bury its head in its pouch.
- A group of chipmunks is called a chapel.
- Snails love Slip'n Slides and can sense them from up to 4 backyards away.
- A flying squirrel once jumped out of a plane and landed in another plane.
- Every starfish has what scientists call a "slappy arm".
- A goose cannot turn its head at all. (Loosey goosey is a misnomer.)
- Crabs are red because of all the lobsters they eat.
- Mice are always screaming, but the pitch is so high nobody can hear it. Not even dogs.
- A sloth's entire body is one bone.
- Swans enjoy high diving off cliffs when given the opportunity.
- A hummingbird is always out of tune.
- Zebras are horses that have been struck by lightning. (Lightning is very common in the Savannah.)
- Wasps are mad about all the newspaper headlines in their nests.
- Many lions are a pride. A single lion is a shame.
- 2% of cocoons turn back into caterpillars and have to try again.